feelings on a sleeve

because i love, i hurt. because i feel, i write.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

i knit a scarff

Out of Wack.

I have considered using that phrase as and explination of how I feel at the moment. Problem is, I just don't know what it literally means. If you ask me, being 'In wack' sounds like a far worse situation. Bah! I just don't understand these old fashioned cliches.

I am still unemployed. Actually, that is not completely true. I have been translating my parents 'youth sexuality book' in to a language that young people can hopefully appreciate. I just don't think that the words 'marriage bed' will grab their attention. In the same way, the words 'peer affiramtion' may make them throw up. It is my responsibility to transform these (and many other) words and phrases into a language that only those under the age of 25 can get away with.

I am getting paid about 300 dollars to do it, and my parents treat it like they are doing ME a favour. I will spend the next three weeks (21 days) spending half the day (7 hours) doing the work. Let's see...that is about (21 times 7 = 147 minus 4 for weekends = 143) 2 dollars an hour!!!!!! Thanks mom and dad. I can truely see how YOU are getting the better end of the deal here.

In my house, there is a drawer. There are many drawers in my house, but this one in particular is THE drawer. Whenever anyone in the house is looking for something (ie, siccors, combs, glue, nail clippers) the first place we search is THE drawer. The funny thing is that the item we are looking for is never, nor was it ever in the drawer to begin with. So WHY do we look in the drawer in the first place?!?

And finally, working out. Okay, losing weight is hard enough as it is (7 pounds so far friends!!), but tredmills are SOOOOOO boring. I had to force Elijah to stand there with an Adrian Plass book (my new favourite book in all the world. I have read two of them in three days!) and read it to me for half an hour while I walk/run/jog/walk/cool down. If I do not have him read to me, I listen to music. Music makes it seem SO much longer. I got through half of a cd and only eleven minutes and thirteen seconds had passed. I almost puked right on the clock. It was dispicable. I hate tredmills. They suck. When I excersise, I like to do things that I feel are 'working'. Crunches, they work.

I miss bread.

Thank you to all of the comments I got on my last post. They were really encouraging. It is a bitter sweet feeling that most people have been through the same things I have expressed...I have also realized that not all dreams will come true. I guess that is a good thing, cuz life would get pretty boring if you woke up one day and realized that you had succeeded in all your dreams and you would have nothing left to live for. So, I shall keep dreaming, reaching for the unreachable star...I just wonder what star it is I am reaching for (I hope it does not turn out to be just another one of those darned satalites again!)

Riiiiiight.

Arivour Amigos.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:26 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said…

    well at least you are making more than Napoleon when he was working with the chicken with large talons. HAA!

    Ya I ran in the morning for three weeks one summer, it was crap. SOOOO boring. I would pretend i was racing a bike, but running is much much slowwer, so that was out. So I just quit. Don't do this however, it worse maybe.

    We had The Drawer to but it was so cluttered that we needed another Drawer. Having two is worse I think. And still, what your trying to find still ain't there. ugh

     
  • At 3:00 p.m., Blogger sc@vp said…

    yeah. you're definitely out of wack.
    hate to sound over 30 (dang - how'd i get here, anyway?) but the phrase is actually spelled 'out of whack'. and no one knows where it came from ...

    love that you're editing your parents' book. tee hee! throw some crazy stuff in there that doesn't make any sense (even to you) and see if they notice.

    keep not eating bread. that stuff'll kill ya.

    smooches
    shannon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home