feelings on a sleeve

because i love, i hurt. because i feel, i write.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

oh weary heart

Well, I am home now. I arrived this afternoon, after a 24 hour straight drive. It was pretty sick, I felt like I was in a moving vehicle for hours after the return.

I will post about my trip in a few days. This post is to acknowledge Will.

I wish I could say that I came home to the very sad news that a great friend of mine had passed away...but instead I have to say...an old friend passed away.

Will was a great guy. I really wish I got to know him better, and somehow, spent more time with him. I was good friends with his sisters a while back, and I really admired his leadership. I never even knew he was sick. I don't understand why God takes people away. Will had dreams...he loved God, and was just an all around amazing person. I think most people would agree in me saying 'it was not his time'. But it was. I am so confused. God was the only thing in control of it...and He decided it was time. Why?

Will will be missed and remembered by many. I am left with the thought of how this would feel if I knew him just a little bit better. One of my greatest friends knew him really well (I am pretty sure they were best friends). I wonder how he feels? I wish I could bring Will back, but it is abundantly clear to the world that I can't. I have cried about it, more for the pain my really close friends are going through.

Will, I wish I took the time to know you better.
Friends, I wish I could relate to/ease your pain.
God, I don't understand...he didn't want to die.

I don't know what to write any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home