feelings on a sleeve

because i love, i hurt. because i feel, i write.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

baby it's cold outside...

It seems Christmas is upon us. It is the time of laughing and sharing between family and friends. Not for me it would seem. I have spent the last two nights striving for a time, any time, to have a nice evening with my family as a whole. Mom, Dad, Noah and Elijah, and myself...play a few games, watch a movie...anything that involved a happy time.
Everything started out fine, sure! Until Noah ran downstairs to play his stupid X-box, which, dare I say, he loves more than us! Did I mention that he was borderline...scratch that...he was drunk! Then there was me, yeah, that is right, I had a part in the disaster. I had to open my mouth and start freaking out at my brother and parents for their lack of caring about such a special event. It ended with my mom almost crying, my dad retreating, and me screaming into a pillow. Good ole Elijah kept his cool the entire time.
I guess no family is perfect, and I would not trade mine in for the world.
I am just tired of asking for happy memories.
Merry Christmas to everyone...and don't worry, mine could still turn for the best :)

4 Comments:

  • At 11:45 p.m., Blogger Ash said…

    Merry Christmas babe! I pray that you have a wonderful day tomorrow with your family!

    Love you lots,
    Ash x

     
  • At 12:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bethany,
    My christmas was boring. We watched "Christmas with the Kranks" and then we had Mario Kart tournaments.

    I'm going to Brazil now. I will be gone for a month. Then I think I will be registering for SSU.

    Love you lots,

    Dal

     
  • At 12:20 p.m., Blogger sc@vp said…

    oh dear ...
    oh dear ...

    did blogging help? helps me. that's for sure.

    And -small comfort this- it could be worse!

     
  • At 6:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have yourself a blessed little Christmas
    May your burdens be light
    Next year
    May all your troubles be out of sight...

    Sorry you had such a crummy day Dec. 25. I hope boxing day was much happier for you. I know I was glad I had a chance to see you and visit with you Beck and Marmee Poulsen for a while. That was fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home