feelings on a sleeve

because i love, i hurt. because i feel, i write.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

rub your tummy and pat your head

Most of you know that I'm, well, musically inclined to say the least. I would like to share with you my latest piece of genius. Partake, if you will...

the grass was greener on Paula's side
until I saw my side clearer
unfertilized it was, my dear
but so delightful, so delightful
my favorite colour used to be blue but
then my life changed,
those deliverance sessions were not in vain
now it's red, how peculiar
but in five minutes it will be yellow
because I need to learn to love those
things I used to hate (I scream real crazy at this part)
I like things wrapped in aluminum,
I prefer them to diamonds and the finest silk ( a little harmony there)
if I wanted this to rhyme, I'd say something clever about milk (a backround cackle)
but back to you, you're not off the hook
I hope you find your car keys
because I couldn't bear to drive you home...
you talk too much about the frivilous
everything is so frivilous

I plan to just run off stage like Napoleon, even though I thrive off applause. I'll sacrafice it. I'm better than that. It's also in the key of F sharp junior delux.
We ordered pizza to TACF last night and Martin ate practically the WHOLE THING. Bethany V only got a meezly pepperoni! There's injustice for you.
Bradd Pitt is actually quite old. He probably eats EVERYTHING organic and uses oil of olay.
I'm not going to lie and say it's not on my shopping list. Mind your own business.

I love you all so very much. Please feel free to leave any compliments in the comments section.
Bethany Dawn Critchley

6 Comments:

  • At 1:12 p.m., Blogger Annie said…

    But Bethany, what can I honestly say in the wake of such beautiful writing? Nothing. I am simply in awe, sitting here in silence.

     
  • At 1:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah Bethers! Some peoples are naturally gifted at songwriting, and YOU my friend are one of those peoples. That last line really got me right here.(You can't see but I'm pointing to my heart)Thanks for leaving a plethora of comments on my blog. I hope you get married soon too. Maybe you'll marry a nice tall man recently kicked out of California. No clue who that could be.

    Did you know that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston met on a blind date? How the HELL did that one work? Friend: "Hey, I want to set you up with this really hot guy who looks just like Brad Pitt..." And it all went downhill from there.

     
  • At 6:35 p.m., Blogger Annie said…

    Hhhhhooooooooooooooooooo!!!

    (picture me laughing and looking shocked that Sarah said that)

     
  • At 6:36 p.m., Blogger Annie said…

    I should clarify - I am not shocked about the Brad Pitt/Jennifer Aniston comment, but a certain comment in the FIRST paragraph.

     
  • At 9:16 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said…

    Brad Pitt is hot, why are you making fun of him?!! actually i don't care for him much. I think david beckham shoudl take his place cause he has a better hair du. what? that was a very nice song, i liked the screaming part the best though. i can't believe martin ate your pizza. what the F sharp was he thinking? Gosh!!!

     
  • At 11:01 p.m., Blogger dearbethany said…

    ummm...no comment about the thing in the first paragraph...except that...uhhh...sarah...how could you give up that easy...i was SO looking forward to our cage fight over that specifac 'hypothetical' person.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home