feelings on a sleeve

because i love, i hurt. because i feel, i write.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

friends are friends forever?

My mom once told me that friendship is always a season. The older I get, the more I believe her. I am extremely relational; once I meet someone who I feel deserves my friendship, I am willing to carry it. Friendship is a two way street most of the time. If one of you is a little extra needy for a while, that is totally allowed, a good mate should always be there for someone they care about. My question is, what happens when one or both parties just get lazy? Is there really any other excuse for two good friends to just stop talking. Or maybe it is because one of the parties holds a grudge. Honesty, without it, was there any 'real' friendship in the first place.

I guess it is pretty clear that I am having some friend issues. It seems I am losing friends left right and centre! Most of them are because I have just gotten lazy. I have two very good friends that I have actually tried, as much as a person should, to keep in contact with. It is almost painful to think that perhaps they have gotten bored with me. I know I am not a fully healed woman, so it may be my issues talking...but still, what is their excuse? It is just a little sad, that is all. I keep wondering what some of my old friends must have felt when I decided it was not worth my time. It must have hurt them like crazy. Freedom is a great thing, until you realize other people have it too. (it is still great!)

Kansas City was pretty good. It was very similar to TACF in annointing...

The road trip was exausting, it was MUCH longer than mapquest said it would be! It was 20hrs there and 24hrs home. We kept getting held up in traffic going home. Beck and I both got VERY sick on the way down, and it lasted until...well..I am still getting over it!

I moved home, I am not sure I have told many people. I am sick of all the moving I do, but this was a final decision. I am commited to being here for six months, then I am moving to North Carolina. That is one thing I learned in the states...I truely love it there. I definatly want to live there for a while.

I have nothing else to say.

14 Comments:

  • At 9:59 p.m., Blogger Annie said…

    I believe I know who you're talking about............ yes................. those boys. They can be difficult. Maybe they won't be so difficult in heaven, where we will all be happy and healed? Sigh.

     
  • At 4:54 p.m., Blogger *sPARKLY~sARAH* said…

    Hello Bethany,
    I'm sorry you're having friend problems. This is just to let you know that you're invited to our wedding . . .but I don't know when I'm going to see you, seeing as how you've moved home.

    Yeah.

     
  • At 12:06 a.m., Blogger dearbethany said…

    Thanks Sarah!! Fun times. I would love to go. yeah, the friends are co-ed, a guy and a girl! But like I said, I feel it most strongly from them, but it is a general problem! Sorry, I really don't want to play the name game on my blog! Loads of Love, so much you could lather in it.

     
  • At 5:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope your not talking about me Bethany. I went through all the trouble to buy you those damn olives and now you live up in Wasabi Beach where I can't even give them to you!

    I forgot to ask you Bethany... but are we still friends? I thought I'd just clarify that.

     
  • At 9:03 a.m., Blogger dearbethany said…

    awww...anyone who goes through the effort of purchasing me olives is a friend FOR SURE! Dallas, you rock! Was I ever not talking to you?!?! Hmmm....I posted on my xanga, it was hilarious, but it still is not showing up...that was on wednesday, perhaps I should just write a different one! Anyway...yeah...we shall converse lay-ta.

    B

     
  • At 9:53 a.m., Blogger beth said…

    love you, choochie. we probably talk TOO much, eh? hehe, no getting rid of me. ever. never ever. mwuah!

     
  • At 6:48 p.m., Blogger dearbethany said…

    choochie, isnt that a word missy elliot uses to describe the land down under...oops...nope...that is cha cha...my bad.

    i miss you beth!

     
  • At 2:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That song makes me cry. Andrew Sarah and Billy took me to the airport after fresh wind and decided to whip that song out on me. I almost threw up I was so sad. I still talk to Sarah, Andrew and a few others from T.O but mostly I find myself drifting from people. Comments on a blog are nice, but they don't cut it for me. I miss ya babe. If you moved here I'd want to hang out with you constantly. Sorry about your friends (who shall remain nameless but I bet I can guess!)who are being drifty.

     
  • At 5:56 p.m., Blogger dearbethany said…

    Awww..I would totally hang out with YOU constantly too. And because it is your home team, I would get to be YOUR shadow...woot!

    the nameless friends are not the issue...they brought the issue to light...but it is a problem i am having with pretty much...welll...a butt load of people anyway. I just have a differnt idea of friendship i guess...

    I SO know what you mean about the comments on a blog not cutting it. Annie mal and I have been trying to hook up for SO long...the blog thing just isn't doing it for us...haha...

    speaking of...annie, I shall be down as soon as my SHATTY work gives me some time off...;)

     
  • At 2:44 p.m., Blogger Sgt Steve said…

    Well the bible says that friends will come, and friends will go. But a true friend will stick closer than a brother, or sister I suppose. sorry for getting religious on your blog but that is really true. I have the same thing in my life. I have long distance friends that I am still freinds with but because we are so far away we don't talk much, but when we do visit, its like we were never apart. Then there are the friends that are only there for a while, than not. People move on in life and it sucks letting go of them but we have to. Crap, I sound like a know-it-all. I'm just speaking from my life experience. I have only one friend that I've know for ever. My Bro is probably my closest friend. So don't worry to much Bethany. Your true friends will always be around. Maybe a little distant, but in heaven we'll party 24 7. Wait, there is no time in heaven...so we will party...where's the infinity symbol on here!! dang it! ain't one. you get my point though...or not. whatever

     
  • At 7:34 p.m., Blogger Beckers said…

    Bethany...we are not only going to be a season relationship...see, some are and others aren't. I believe we have proved that we are in the later category!! And Hunny, don't worry...talking will come back around as it always has in the past! Don't be too anxious over the temperary, K? Your hearts are conected...well some of them are anyways...others don't know you even exist...oh, go on and kiss the girl!! WHA?

    And now the bable continues...

    Kansas did rock this world babe...even if it was sticky and we were sick...are still sick, I still utterly loved driving down there with you!! Thanks for comming, chickie! You know I love you muchly! And that the love that is in your heart is for me! I'm aware of your true intentions!! eeeewwwww!!! so not good at all...but if only it were true love for them...

    Woah...WHAT am I even talking about??

     
  • At 7:45 p.m., Blogger Beckers said…

    Ohh...and by tha way...I'm gonna miss you when you move like an african misses his bongo...or like a photographer misses his camera...or like a golfer misses his caddie!!!

     
  • At 8:19 p.m., Blogger dearbethany said…

    Thanks beck!! wow...quite riskay what you did there! haha.

    I love it. I read you perfectly smoochykins!

    sianara

     
  • At 2:52 p.m., Blogger L said…

    bethany i totally get what you're saying. i've only really had a few friends that i was really close with and that was grade 11. anyone i try to get close with just seems to wander away. but i believe stuff changes so we'll see what happens.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home